7th Ringwood Scout Group is part of the Maroondah district, Mt. Dandenong region, Scouts Victoria.
We began on 23 October 1963 when Mr Fred Hill was elected as our first Group Leader. In those early days the cub and scout meetings were held in garages. It was soon agreed that our colors would be red with a black border and that our name would be 7th Ringwood (Loughnan’s Hill) Scout Group. In December 1964 we were granted land in BJ Hubbard Reserve and we had our first meeting in our new hall in July 1967.
7th Ringwood has always had a proud tradition over the years of being a family Group. This has been possible through involvement of Adult Leaders, Group Committee members, parent helpers and youth members.
- The rolling hills throughout the District
- The creeks in the District – Dandenong, Mullum Mullum, Brushy, etc
- Whitehorse Road
- The plentiful array of wattle trees in the District
- The five sections of the Scout movement
- The ten parts of the Scout Law
- The Scout logo is pointing us in the right direction for the future and is guiding us in our endeavors.
7th Ringwood Scout Group
P.O. Box 470
Ringwood, Victoria, 3134
Group Leader: 03 9879 3349 or 0400 443 460
Click here to send us an email
Hall Contruction Video:
Click here to view a video of our hall being built in the 1960s (204MB 14mins).